Here the Deal : Boehner Goes or a Third Party
Posted by: Errol Phillips
There comes a time when enough is enough.
Several prominent conservative organizations lashed out against a pair of decisions by Speaker John Boehner’s leadership team as House Republicans saw their tightly held grip on the right loosen a bit on Monday.
Heritage Action, long a thorn in the side of the House Republican leadership, told its members in an email that Boehner was asking his “members to go back on their promise not to raise taxes on the American people” by putting $800 billion in new revenue into the mix of the negotiations to avert the fiscal cliff.
And Club for Growth, a longtime small-government group, said Reps. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.), Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) and Justin Amash (R-Mich.) were “free of the last remnants of establishment leverage against them” after they were booted from their committees by the House Republican Steering Committee for crossing leadership too often.
Also, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Tuesday that she thinks House Speaker John Boehner’s purge of conservatives from powerful committees is a sign the GOP establishment is out of touch with America.
The time to begin discussing this Issue is NOW. Speaking just for myself, I am past the point of being sick and tired of having sand kicked into my face by the feckless Suits inside the beltway.
Call it the “American Party”
- Conservative groups vs. Boehner (politico.com)
- Boehner purges the wreckers, but the war for the soul of the Republican Party isn’t ending (dailykos.com)
- Boehner, GOP Leaders Purge Conservatives from Powerful Committees (conservativebyte.com)
- GOP strips 4 of House committee seats (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Boehner Purges Committees of Conservatives Voting on Principles (thegatewaypundit.com)
- The Friends of Ron Paul Congressional Massacre (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Report: Justin Amash among ‘rebellious’ GOP reps booted from key U.S. House panels (mlive.com)